Six international artists participated in a one-week Professional Development Program (PDP) produced by DanceMotion USA℠ and BAM Education from August 5 - 11, 2018.
International participants were nominated by Artistic Directors of Bebe Miller Company, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, and Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, and finalists were identified based on interest in arts management and availability for travel. The international artists were paired with New York-based artists as partners in learning for the week-long program.
The group included the following international artists:
- Maria Baryshnikova, Creative Director of New York Dance Studio, Founder of Move Forward Association and Russia: Respect Showcase in Moscow, Russia
- Sabina Battal, Company Member of Kazyna Dance Ensemble in Shymkent, Kazakhstan
- Adrián Chuquipiondo Celestino, Manager of Kinesfera Danza in Lima, Peru
- Yong Woo Kim, Founder of K-Wheel Dance Project in Seoul, South Korea
- Luis Miguel Martínez Guarnizo, Student at University of Caldas in Manizales, Colombia
- Anna Pasmor, Choreographer at Children’s Musical Academy in Moscow, Russia
The international artists were paired with the following New York-based artists:
- Sheena Annalise, Artistic Director/Founder/Choreographer of Arch Contemporary Ballet
- Cain Alfonza Coleman, Jr., Co-Founder/Co-Artistic Director of ColemanCollective
- Kayla Hamilton, Founder of K. Hamilton Projects
- Kyle Marshall, Founder of Kyle Marshall Choreography
- Pablo Francisco Ruvalcaba, Co-Founding Director of The Higher Ground Festival
- Preeti Vasudevan, Founder of Thresh