Five international artists participated in a one-week Professional Development Program (PDP) produced by DanceMotion USA℠ and BAM Education from July 24 - 28, 2017.
International participants were nominated by Artistic Directors of KEIGWIN + COMPANY, Reggie Wilson/Fist and Heel Performance Group, and Stephen Petronio Company, and finalists were identified based on interest in arts management and availability for travel. The international artists were paired with New York-based artists as partners in learning for the week-long program.
The group included the following international artists:
- Haroun Ayari, Dancer/Choreographer from Tunis, Tunisia
- Krailas Chitkul, Professor of Dance at Chiang Mai Rajabhat University from Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Addisu Demissie, Dancer/Choreographer/Teacher/Co-Founder of DESTINO Dance Company from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Cyrinne Douss, Founder of Company MLdanse in Paris and Co-Founder of Association Hayyou’Raqs in Tunisia/Dancer/Choreographer from Tunis, Tunisia
- Cindy Sosa, Dancer/Choreographer/Founder of Gran Premio de Danza Quisqueya from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
The international artists were paired with the following New York-based artists:
- Rebecca Bliss, Dance Educator/Performer/Choreographer in Brooklyn, NY
- Davalois Fearon, Dancer and Founder/Artistic Director of Davalois Fearon Dance in Brooklyn, NY
- Nicholas Neagle, Founder and Artistic Director of NSquared Dance in Queens, NY
- Bennyroyce Royon, Director/Dancer/Choreographer and Founder of Bennyroyce Dance in Brooklyn, NY
- Michelle Yard, Performer/Arts Administrator in Brooklyn, NY