Five international artists participated in a two-week Professional Development Program (PDP) produced by DanceMotion USA℠, BAM Education, and Creative Capital from August 9—19, 2016.
International participants were nominated by Artistic Directors of Dance Heginbotham and Limón Dance Company, and finalists were identified based on interest in arts management and availability for travel. The international artists were paired with New York-based artists for the two-week program.
The group included the following international artists:
- Mark Chilongu, Executive Director of Africa Directions from Lusaka, Zambia
- Thipkesone Luanglath, Managing Director of Laobangfai Academy from Vientiane, Laos
- Jeannie Park, Director of Bagong Kussudiardja Arts Community (PSBK) from Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Saroy Rakotosolofo, Dancer / Choreographer from Antananarivo, Madagascar
- Elijah Zgambo, Executive Director of Street Culture Events & Arts from Lusaka, Zambia
The 5 international artists were paired with the following New York-based artists for the two-week program:
- Sydnie L. Mosley, Founder and Artistic Director of SLMDances in New York, NY
- Kwame Shaka Opare, Dancer / Choreographer in Baltimore, MD
- Jenny Rocha, Artistic Director of Rocha Dance Theater and Artistic Director of The Painted Ladies in New York, NY
- Šara Stranovsky, Interdisciplinary Artist / Performer in Brooklyn, NY
- Mandarin Wu, Artistic Director of Mandarin Orange Performing Arts in Queens, NY