Production Language English
Country of Origin United States
Description Grades 9-12.
Students choreograph original work and attend performances by celebrated dance companies. Drawing on a range of techniques and styles, students create and perform original dance works under the guidance of professional dance artists.
All students must complete an online application and interview in order to be considered for the program. No previous experience is required.
Teamwork, commitment, and self-confidence are the central themes of this intensive workshop. Students with varying amounts of experience work collaboratively to learn different dance styles and create a dynamic piece under the guidance of professional choreographers and dance artists.
In this program, students:
• Attend live dance performances in New York City
• Learn diverse styles such as African dance and Bollywood
• Create an entirely original dance piece to perform for friends and family at the BAM Fisher
• Work creatively with a team
• Learn expression through movement.